Friday, May 23, 2014

6 inches of cuteness.

During the week they have been burning off in the Wombat State Forest to help keep the scrub down. This will also keep us safer in Summer.
We have been really lucky with the smoke...thank goodness that it has been blowing in the northerly direction.
 When I was hard at work sewing with my gorgeous friends at our Mill Rose blog meet.....(NOT)
I managed to purchase a Ric Rac Pattern by Jodie Carlton
It is called H is for Hippo.
I always like to add my own little touches and because this sweet little girl is for me I left out the letter block.
This is the base of the foot or hoof...I mean really what do we call the bottom of a Hippos foot.
It's okay...I have looked this up on the wide world of google and apparently Hippos don't have hooves they have big flat feet...much like an Elephant.
 Then I added some flowers to her belly....my 16 year old thought that they were nipples....I mean really unless she is a 90 year old Hippo......that is not where her nipples should be.
 I even put a little flower on the top of her head right where her 3rd eye would be.
Oh yes the Zen Hippo...I can see it now....I wonder if I could get her into a meditation pose.
In this sitting position my little Water Horse measures a lovely 6 inches of cuteness.

19 comments:

Tania said...

I LOVE your little hippo friend, just gorgeous. I did have a giggle about whether or not she was a 90 year old hippo... Her little flowers are gorgeous. Maybe she is a flower child?

Anonymous said...

oh Tracee she sure is a cutie,i love her and i really like your own touches that you put on,she sure is 6" of cutness,well done.xx

Christine M said...

Your little hippo is very sweet. I love your special touches.

marina said...

your little water horse is gorgeous!!
I know why you didn't get much sewing done at Mill rose? You were too busy entertaining the heads on sticks!
(love mr 16 adding his creative input/critique about the nipples lol)

Diane-crewe said...

OOOOH! LOVE YOUR HIPPO XX ...whos nipples has he been looking at in that position!!! lol x

Helen said...

Oh how very cute, I love her. Just gorgeous !!

Melody said...

Very very very cute

Melody said...

Very very VERY cute

Sheila said...

Adorable hippo !

Fiona said...

another great story from you and I love your hippy hippo....
Hugz

Deb R said...

Ohhh she is jt gorgeous, love all the little flowers especially the bottom of her foot!

Moose-ings said...

LOVE the little hippo! Was worried for a moment when reading the title of your post... ;-)

kiwikid said...

Love love love the hippo - I think she is more the flower child than the 90 year old - typical 16yr old male comment!! Good that smoke was travelling away from you - boy it was thick heading home last Saturday wasn't it!
xx

SharynB said...

I just love your flower child hippo! I think all hippos should look like this!!!
So adorable and cuteness overload! Great yoga pose!

Cheryl said...

The cutest hippo I've ever seen Tracee

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love zen hippo...she is definitely a flower child! She is too cute. Glad you weren't smoked out even though it is a necessity xx

Binsa said...

Love, love the zen hippo....your comments made me laugh...especially where her nipples are???? grin...

Anthea said...

Ha Ha Tracee - if those flowers were the nipples, she is doing well - they are pert & pretty & up close to her body - unlike any woman who has had kids, LOL x

debbie said...

What an adorable post...thanks for the giggles :) xx debbie