Sunday, December 29, 2013

December...What a month it's been.....

First of all I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas day!
Whether it was spent with friends, family, pets or creating.
I'm sure that we have all eaten way too much and are now contemplating losing those extra love handles that we have now gained some time in the New Year.
Towards the end of November and into the beginning of December I finally got around to repainting the kitchen cupboards.
This is the before shot.
now the after shots.
 I painted then stained, then wiped the stain to give the paling effect. I added slate and trim to tidy it all up.
I then hand painted the little boy who is on his way around to the gorgeous little girl to give her his heart.
Although she has her heart in hand for the love of life and nature and all things wonderful...I'm sure that she will find room for more love!

10 comments:

Anita said...

Love the painting, looks great!! Hope you have a Happy New Year.
Cheers, Anita.

Leanne said...

wow, your cupboards look fantastic, such a great idea.

marina said...

wonderfully creative.
Your kitchen looks like a very welcoming part of the house and artistic too.

Anonymous said...

wow your cupboards look awesome tracee,love the boy and girl,you are so clever,well done.xx

Christine M said...

How clever are you! Your cupboards are gorgeous Tracee.

barb's creations said...

What a fantastic idea, love it! :) Barb.

barb's creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sewyouquilt2 said...

love your cupboard idea.so many good ideas around blogland. I am hoping to find some for my relaxing robin quilt. in 2014 I will take a UFO block and add to it border by border until I get a quilt. fun fun and I thought a good way to use a UFO block.
check it out!

debbie said...

Oh my goodness, your painting is just so sweet! Love your clever little boy and girl and am JEALOUS of your talent too! xx debbie

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

There really is no stopping you and your creative talents. Looks fantastic. hugs